The St. Francis House Episcopal Center House Fellow Program
at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
A one-of-a-kind opportunity to share and grow gifts for ministry in a public university setting
The St. Francis House Episcopal Student Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is seeking 2 Christ-centered, team-oriented, energetic, and dedicated young adults (18-35) for 2 House Fellow positions for the 2018-2019 academic year. Working with the support and direction of the Chaplain and staff, House Fellows practice ministry on a vibrant university campus, establish and grow relationships with members of the university community and across the state, coordinate events with local ministry partners, extend hospitality, and share in the daily upkeep of the Episcopal Center.
The fellowship includes ongoing and intentional reading, equipping, and conversation around themes of Christian community and the character of Christian life and ministry (lay and ordained). Each position averages 18-20 hours/week and includes room and board and a stipend of about $2,500 per semester for 2 semesters. The positions and housing run August 15, 2018 through July 15, 2019, with some flexibility.
Interested persons may contact the Rev. Jonathan Melton at email@example.com. Applications should include a one page resume, a cover letter describing the applicant’s interest in the position, and two written references. The application window runs from April until June 4. Additional information can be found at www.stfrancisuw.org/housefellows. Does this sound like you? Contact us. We’d love to hear from you!
The St. Francis House Episcopal Student Center at UW-Madison is seeking 2 House Fellows for the period from August 15, 2018 to July 15, 2019.
Covenant term: This position is for the 2017-2018 academic year and subsequent summer.
What we’re looking for: House Fellows are dedicated members of the St. Francis House community. Their presence enriches the community, and they take ownership of their unique role within the house. In the course of their responsibilities, House Fellows are asked to:
1. Share of themselves and their gifts generously, speak what they see, be proactive and creative, and help SFH take risks toward being a community of blessing for the University of Wisconsin.
2. Attend and actively participate in the weekly life of the faith community.
3. With the help of the Chaplain, customize and perform ministry positions that will grow the mission and ministry of SFH.
4. Welcome others without partiality and be caring friends of each other, others in the community, and the larger university community.
5. Be open and committed to growing a culture of collaboration, teamwork, and trust.
6. Communicate enthusiastically.
7. Take regular sabbaths and invest in their own spiritual flourishing.