Office Coordinator: The Episcopal Student Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison - St. Francis House - seeks a part-time Office Coordinator. 16 hours/week (4 hours/day, 4 days/week), $20/hour. Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred. Excellent communication, people, and organizational skills essential. Web and computer skills necessary. A complete job description is available at
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We are accepting resumes through July 21, 2019.
Detailed Job Description
Position Title: Office Coordinator
Reports to: Chaplain
Hours: 16 hours per week, ideally 4 consistent weekdays per week from 1-5 p.m.
Status: Regular Part-time, Non-exempt
Position Summary: This position operates under the general supervision of the Chaplain and is responsible for a variety of office support and program functions for the St. Francis House Episcopal Student Center at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Office support functions include but are not limited to: record keeping, coordination of finances, calendar management, and general communications
Program functions include but are not limited to: coordination of building use, hospitality services at St. Francis House (e.g., ensuring the lounge area is clean and ready to receive visitors, etc.), community meal coordination, local networking, and coordination of staff communication.
35% Program Support
1. Serve as a point of contact for visitors to St. Francis House. This includes: ensuring the student center
is clean and ready to receive visitors, answering questions, and seeing that visitors are warmly welcomed.
2. Coordinate St. Francis House calendars, including building use for community members and outside
3. Prepare materials for weekly worship, as necessary.
4. Coordinate the newsletter mailing (2 times/year).
5. Assist with SFH’s online presence and website updates.
6. Coordinate internal (team and staff) communication.
35% Administrative Support
1. Respond to requests for information and resources via e-mail, phone, and in-person visits.
2. Work with the Chaplain to identify and coordinate occasional building maintenance and repairs.
3. Place orders for supplies and equipment as authorized.
4. Assist the Chaplain with weekly email communication with the student community.
5. Assist student leaders with administrative tasks, as necessary.
6. Document policy and procedures items for St. Francis House such that it is up to date and information
to maintain efficient operations is easily identified.
7. Communicate with the St. Francis House board and provide administrative support for board meetings.
30% Financial/Information Management.
1. Coordinate financial management, promptly providing financial data to SFH’s contracted accounting
company and communicating with the diocesan finance officer and treasurer. As needed, participate in the annual budgeting process, chiefly comparing projected expenses against those of the previous year.
2. Make basic bill payments, including the coordination of check signers to make sure that bills are paid in
a timely fashion.
3. Handle tax and audit requests as they arise
4. Maintain alumni contact information.
5. Process donations and provide thank you notes and tax-related acknowledgements of financial gifts.
Note: This description is not intended to include all responsibilities, as additional duties may be assigned and existing duties may be adjusted at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
1. Strong customer-service skills, including the ability to maintain effective hospitality and welcome
2. Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written. This includes the ability to develop and
maintain relationships with a variety of persons or entities working with St. Francis House. Comfortable making phone calls.
3. Demonstrated organizational skills, including calendaring, project coordination, prioritization, and basic
4. Strong writing and grammar skills, including proof-reading.
5. Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database management.
6. Ability to effectively manage a wide-ranging workload.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times regarding persons and information.
8. Basic knowledge of supply procurement, including invoices and purchase orders transactions.
9. Experience with page layout and good design principles.
A well qualified candidate will have an Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience in office administration or related area. Candidates should be willing to submit to standard background and credit checks.